Welcome to the Googles Club! We have forums, a chatbox, a wiki, and a lot more! Be sure to check out the news page often. Please read the forum and chatbox rules before posting. :)

HomeGC NewsLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Voldemort
VIP Member
Voldemort

The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club! Empty
PostSubject: The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club!   The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club! I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 2:48 pm

Okay, so a lot of us have to read books over summer for school next year. I thought I'd make a thread where we could post what books we have to read over summer, and see if anyone else has to read the same one. If not, there might be someone who's already read the book who can give you some answers. So, yeah, just post what book you have to read or what books you can help other people with.

Books:

Huckleberry Finn
Who has to read it- Voldy and Holly
Who's already read it-

Grapes of Wrath
Who has to read it- Holly
Who's already read it-

Last edited by Voldemort on Thu May 30, 2013 9:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
R3dRulez
Graphic Designer
R3dRulez

PostSubject: Re: The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club!   The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club! I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 5:35 pm

I don't get summer assignments, and I don't understand how they'd work xD But maybe if I have the free time I'll get an ebook version and read it just to fit in with this club :D
Back to top Go down
HollyDaze
HollyDaze

PostSubject: Re: The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club!   The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club! I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 7:28 pm

Huckleberry Finn
Who has to read it- Voldy and Holly
Who's willing to help- Holly and Voldy?

I can help you if you help me xD

Grapes of Wrath also :P
Back to top Go down
Voldemort
VIP Member
Voldemort

PostSubject: Re: The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club!   The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club! I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 9:51 am

xD kk Holly, we can start like a book club like "read chapter 3 by next tuesday"

I'll add Grapes of Wrath to the book list too.
Back to top Go down
PandaGal
PandaGal

PostSubject: Re: The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club!   The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club! I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:32 pm

I read Huckleberry Finn, but that was a long time ago so...
Back to top Go down
http://weeb-princess.tumblr.com
HollyDaze
HollyDaze

PostSubject: Re: The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club!   The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 8:26 am

Voldemort wrote:
xD kk Holly, we can start like a book club like "read chapter 3 by next tuesday"

I'll add Grapes of Wrath to the book list too.
Haha okay, I'm not getting my book until next Tuesday lol
Back to top Go down
Voldemort
VIP Member
Voldemort

PostSubject: Re: The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club!   The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 11:26 am

Kk xD I still have the book, my sister bought it last year

I'm surprised I don't have to do more, I mean this is high school
Back to top Go down
HollyDaze
HollyDaze

PostSubject: Re: The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club!   The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 3:38 pm

I had to read 3 books last summer for high school English, granted it was pre-ap, but still. I have to read 3 books again this summer too :P
Back to top Go down
Voldemort
VIP Member
Voldemort

PostSubject: Re: The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club!   The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 5:36 pm

That sucks : P I just have to read the one book
Back to top Go down
Jelly
Administrator
Jelly

PostSubject: Re: The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club!   The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 1:30 am

I have to read a 1256 page history book called "A history of the modern world". Fun
Back to top Go down
Voldemort
VIP Member
Voldemort

PostSubject: Re: The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club!   The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:04 am

Um yeah no one's gonna read that with you
Back to top Go down
HollyDaze
HollyDaze

PostSubject: Re: The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club!   The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 7:19 pm

My 3rd book is The Other Wes Moore: One name, Two faces
Back to top Go down
HollyDaze
HollyDaze

PostSubject: Re: The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club!   The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 10:53 am

I just found the Secret Garden on Netflix for those of you who have to read it, once you finish it reward yourself with the movie, it's a good recap!
Back to top Go down
HollyDaze
HollyDaze

PostSubject: Re: The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club!   The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 1:21 pm

I finished reading the grapes of wrath. I found Huck Finn in audio book format on YouTube. I'm flying through reading that one now, Voldy that might help you also. After this book I have 1 more paper and 1 more book to read.
Back to top Go down
R3dRulez
Graphic Designer
R3dRulez

PostSubject: Re: The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club!   The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 1:51 pm

I don't understand having assignments during the summer. Who do you hand it into when you return and how can it get graded if you have a different teacher? :s
Back to top Go down
HollyDaze
HollyDaze

PostSubject: Re: The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club!   The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 4:02 pm

R3dRulez wrote:
I don't understand having assignments during the summer. Who do you hand it into when you return and how can it get graded if you have a different teacher? :s
The 10th grade English teachers create 1 assignment for the students and print and pass it to the 9th grade English teachers. The 9th grade teachers hand them to the students and on my first day of school we get our schedules (I hate that, in middle school we got our schedules at registration and got to find out who we had classes with.) And we turn it in to our teachers on the first day of 10th grade
Back to top Go down
R3dRulez
Graphic Designer
R3dRulez

PostSubject: Re: The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club!   The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 6:35 pm

Oh, that sounds so bothersome xP It sucks you guys have to have homework to do during the summer.
Back to top Go down
HollyDaze
HollyDaze

PostSubject: Re: The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club!   The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 7:52 pm

R3dRulez wrote:
Oh, that sounds so bothersome xP It sucks you guys have to have homework to do during the summer.
It is. It's pointless.
Back to top Go down
Jelly
Administrator
Jelly

PostSubject: Re: The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club!   The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 10:40 pm

For me we had to go to our teachers for next year and pink up the assignments, then we turn them in online
I have one due Friday that I haven't even started
Back to top Go down
Jelly
Administrator
Jelly

PostSubject: Re: The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club!   The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 10:40 pm

For me we had to go to our teachers for next year and pink up the assignments, then we turn them in online
I have one due Friday that I haven't even started
Back to top Go down
HollyDaze
HollyDaze

PostSubject: Re: The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club!   The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 10:50 am

On the first day of school we have to upload our papers to the computer to check for plagiarism because that don't trust us at all...
Back to top Go down
Jelly
Administrator
Jelly

PostSubject: Re: The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club!   The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 11:15 am

The turnitin side we use has a plagiarism check on it
I think it's stupid... what if you happen to word a sentence similar to another book or something? Then you get points taken against you
Once I wrote a sentence and on our plagiarism checker it came out as plagiarized :P I don't think my teacher cared though since it was pretty generic
Back to top Go down
Googbone

PostSubject: Re: The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club!   The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 1:43 pm

Jelly wrote:
I think it's stupid... what if you happen to word a sentence similar to another book or something?

let say for ex;

"The dude" Ch.1  He was a cool kid.

You wrote for "Alone and Away", He was a cool kid. Skittish but cool.

Yeah seems pretty tupid
//sorry for the random stuff.
Back to top Go down
PandaGal
PandaGal

PostSubject: Re: The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club!   The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 7:03 pm

Jelly wrote:
I think it's stupid... what if you happen to word a sentence similar to another book or something? Then you get points taken against you
Once I wrote a sentence and on our plagiarism checker it came out as plagiarized :P I don't think my teacher cared though since it was pretty generic
i feel ur pain
that happened to me when i turned in my first paper for honors english this year 
>B(
Back to top Go down
http://weeb-princess.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club!   The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "I have to read this stupid book for summer" Club!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1